Part-time | Douala, Cameroon
At SMECreditPro, we want to help SME access finance in a fast, easy and cheaper way by leveraging information technology.
We are looking for a Part-Time Business Development Executive to join our team which will eventually become full-time. You'll become part of a financial technology startup that is on a journey to do amazing things for SMEs in Sub-Saharan Africa. We strongly believe that is SMEs have a key role to play in the development of our continent.
If you are passionate about helping small businesses grow, then we're looking for you.
- Identify, qualify, and secure SMECreditPro potential lender and corporate partnership prospects
- Creating informative, persuasive presentations and pitch SMECreditPro products and/or services to target partners at target client and business trade organization meetings
- Respond to requests from potential partners’ Requests for Proposals and/or develop and negotiate partner business contract terms and conditions
- Build and maintain business relationships with current and potential partners
Primary Activities and Performance Expectations
- Using business directories, web searches, social media, and other digital resources, trade or conference meeting contacts and the like, research and prioritize high potential lender and corporate potential partners and identify key purchase decision makers; preliminary high priority target criteria includes:
- Number of SME customers of the target and potential revenue volumes (key); the initial focus is on companies in Cameroon (banks, MFIs, and corporates).
- Likely appetite and agility of target to engage with fintech innovators
- Scope of likely SME customer pain points today as evidenced by researching SME loan products and application processes of target lenders, SME lending volumes as a percent of overall lending, and other criteria agreed to with SME Credit Pro leadership
- Create and maintain a prioritized list/database and pipeline of prospect clients, client information, contacts, and sales activities (calls, emails, meetings, interviews, contract negotiations, closed sales, etc.) using excel and/or a CRM platform to be provided by SME Credit Pro. Qualify leads from digital campaigns, conferences, references, tradeshows, etc. Provide at least bi-weekly management reports on activities, progress, challenges, and successes.
- Develop customized targeted sales strategies, specifically mapping out how SME Credit Pro offers can best meet the specific target’s needs and solve its pain points
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations and/or other information pieces for client meetings
- Develop quotes and proposals
- Discuss competitive advantages that SMECreditPro brings to client
- Negotiate or renegotiate by phone, email, and in person, close sales, work with the client through closing process, and help facilitate client boarding on SMECreditPro.
- Monitor boarded client’s progress toward bringing SMEs to SMECreditPro, SMECreditPro report purchases, listing loan products on the marketplace, etc against expectations of contract. Conduct ongoing outreach to client to recommend changes that will increase revenue volumes and client participation, inform them about new developments in the company’s products or services, and artfully deal with clients who may become dissatisfied with SMECreditPro’s products or services to correct issues.
Key Requirements and Qualifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to call, connect, network, and interact with potential customers
- Persuasive and goal-oriented
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Tactful and diplomatic at all times to win the hearts, trust, and minds of prospects
- Knowledge of sales process from initiation to close, with demonstrated and proven sales results
- In-depth understanding of company services and its position in the industry.
- In-depth knowledge of the banking industry (bank and key MFI players), preferably SME banking expertise, in Cameroon, its current local events, and recent industry developments such as regulatory changes or emerging economic, market, or credit risks. When new country markets are identified, develop similar in-depth knowledge of that country’s banking industry.
- Strong research, strategic analysis, and numbers skills to identify best growth targets for SME Credit Pro, prioritize sales efforts, and to benchmark their position against other targets.
- High competency working with Microsoft Office programs (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong project management and organizational skills: goal setting, planning, time management, task scheduling, etc.
- Bilingual in French and English
We will consider candidates that possess most, but not all qualifications, depending on their overall qualifications and experience profiles.